Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy 4th of July

July 2. 2009

Meri Jaan, Wishing you all a Very Happy 4th of July weekend. After all those chilly and rain soaked weekends of the past 2 months, finally we have A WINNER WEEKEND !

So, let me start of with some special 4th of July Bheja Fry vacationer definitions:

Stay-cationer: One, who has a vacation by staying inside the house. (Oh, I have so much to do in the yard.. kinds)

Day-cationer: One, who has a vacation by going somewhere within the daytime only (Kids, we can only go to the park and come back in 3-4 hours)

Join-cationer:
One who is always looking to join someone on a vacation.
(Where are you going this long weekend? Can we join u...types?)

Deal-cationer:
One who is only looking for deals for a vacation [but never goes] (You know there is a great deal going on from EWR to Baghdad :)
So, whether you are a stay-cationer, day-cationer, or a real vacationer; dont be scared of the recent airline or train events ! Think about the only boy who survived the latest Yemenian crash with all the other 150+ dead.

Hey, atleast you still have 150:1 probability (of what?) !!
Parwaah nahin! Bhool jao sab kuch Meri Jaan, and take a break from those work dead-lines and look at those sad-lines on your face !

Go somewhere, go to Aruba or Atlantis and whichever category you fall into-or not fall into, but pleaz-pleaz enjoy your summer !

And then with Ponzi Made-off sent to prison for 150 years, Shiney Ahuja inside for atleast 3-4 years, South Carolina governor finally revealing his flings with so many other women than the alleged mistress, and MJ off to his moon-walk, I think we all should feel a little safer.

Even if airlines crash in the Indian ocean, gas trains flip over in Italy, and Parking lots and bridges crumble in Atlanta , hey we still have 150:1 chance right?
Tou, live -n-enjoy this weekend like there is no tomorrow !

Well, while bridges are breaking in some places, they are getting built in some others (even if it takes 10 years to build a bridge).

Did you take a look at the recent 5.6 mile Mumbai Worli Bandra Sea Link? That is an achievement worth Rs. 1600 Crores (original budget was 400 crores) and will need Rs. 9 Crores spent/yr just to light the bridge.

That reminds me that New Delhi CM Sheila Dixit who has been complaining about the power crisis in Delhi should really think about the Khuda Gawah dialog:

Roshni (Bribery) agar Khuda (corporates and govt) ko ho manzoor, Tou Aandhiyon (andhon ko) main bhi chiraag jaltey (miltey) hain, Khuda (Koi) Gawah hain?
All criticism apart, I think it is a real big deal for Mumbaikars and this bridge definitely worths a mention in the Indian Construction history book as

1 - It was a project mar-red by lots of obstacles and bag filling (both $ands and Grands) but the project finally did see the end of day and not end of De (Damn ! She is still alive :)

2 - People can now reach Bandra 2 Worli within 10 minutes at 80-90 Kmps speed limit (Or in 3 hours 10 mins at Zero Kmps: Did you see the traffic snarls on the bridge?

It has no offshoots, so all the traffic is essentially running into a BIG CHAOTIC JAM !! (Don't blame the govt if the suicide rates increase in Mumbai, bridge ka toll-tax tou mil gayaa na?)

I am sure lots of people are just going to jump off the bridge and either swim in or swim across!

Tou whether you are the swimming types or a to-be-suicider on the bridge, I am sure you will see lots of people taking a life-long vacation on this WBS bridge. (finally gareeb in our desh can also live the long awaited dream of dying on top of the bridge, rather than under the bridge)

But people, yo-all do'nt think of dying because you still have to get tortured sitting through -n-watching New York. Did you see that movie? OMG !!

These actors should be really sent to an acting school instead of letting them spending time at the Gym ! To top it all, why did they have to imitate issues and scenes from Crash?

I am not going to review the movie because I dont want the best brown bread, I am ok with Shop-rite or the Family brand, and I also love Pasta !

Tou Family fun or brown skin, it is definitely raining movies in Bollywood this summer, starting with Akki's Kambhakht Ishq,
followed with Saif's next Love, Aaj Kal, and Shahid's Kaminey.

To add to the heat, Yash Raj just released previews for Dil Bole Haddipa with Shahid and Rani, Rocket Singh with Ranbeer and Pyar Impossible with Priyanka.

Meri Jaan, while summer looks all that HOT, here are some of the song previews to kewl-down your weekend drive:

Some of the songs played:

1) Om Manglam - Kambhakht Ishq
2) Aaya Re- Jashn
3) Yaaron - New York
4) Raunak Shaunak - Love Aaj Kal
5) Khuda Ke Liye - Runway
6) Patli Gali - The Con is On, ShortKut
7) Chor bazaari - Love Aaj Kal
8) Mareeze Mohabbat - The Con is on, ShortKut
9) Teri Yaadein - Runway
10) Mere Sang Chal - New York

Tou, whether you bar-be-que, surf-on-the-beach, or just sit around and watch the fireworks, have a blast this 4th of July weekend.

Till next week, stay safe and stay in loeve,

- Pankaj

15 comments:

shazia said...

Great show yesterday. You really rock. I thikn I am the 1st to resppond today

Neeti said...

Nice one Pankaj. I am a long time listener but read the blog today. Its really nice. I do want to say that your voice and style is very impressive. I love your show.

Anonymous said...

Good blog. New York is nice movie. I am looking forward to Kambhkat Ishq.

Sujata said...

I could not connect in the show but wanted to call up and let you know that it was great. My kids dont speak in Hindi but now thye use meri jaan to call each other. thanks for the show.

Marisa said...

I also did not like New York. I think it is good for people back home because they really do not know, but just imagine, is it possible for someone to plant bombs like that on a FBI building? They take us for granted.

Reena said...

Thanks for keeping me updated of the show. I am having fun in Maui. We just came back from a local beach. Its gorgeous. How is the weather back in NJ?

Shruti said...

Hope you had a nice 4th of July. Ours started with your fabulous show on thursday. I bought the CD of Love Aaj Kal and it has great songs. Thanks for the recommendations. That bridge in mumbai looks fantastic. Which movie are you looking forward to?

Anu said...

That looks like a great cake. I hate mondays after the long weekend. I saw New York over the weekend. It was OK. Nice list of songs Pankaj.

Medha said...

I loved your show the other day. I am a Mumbaikar and proud to be one. It is great to see that bridge. I cannot even tell you how much that will ease the pain of the commuters. If only they can workaround the traffic situation. Good blog.

Jay said...

Rani and shahid would be an interesting combination. I like the teaser. What did you do on the long weekend? I listened to some of the songs that you mentioned. I love ronak shonak from Love aaj Kal.

Suman said...

Its funny about the suicide rates in Mumbai. You are one of the really funny RJs on EBC. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Very good. I like it.

Pooja said...

Thank you for the song list. I missed your show last week. Kambhakht Ishq was a waste. New york was fine. I have to say I am officially addicted to your blog, I have like checked it 4 times today.

A, J & M Your Fans from undisclosed location said...

My roomate is asking do you do house shows or calls :) We love your show and YOU Pankaj.

Vaibhavi said...

Good one.
Check out mine at vaibhavi.blogspot.com