Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Budge-t or Fudge-it?

July 9, 2009

Meri Jaan, hopefully some of you are still on vacation extending your looong weekend and n-joying the Tequila sunrise on an island villa !

But, if you still miss me blue, I am right here with all the non-stop bl-ews (blog+news).

For starters, Roger Federer made Tennis history in his record-breaking 15th Grand Slam title in Wimbeldon by defeating Andy Roddick in a thrilling match [5-7, 7-6, (8-6), 7-6, (7-5), 3-6 and 16-14], and like Bjorg said, Federer has won all the Grand Slam tournaments and he's probably broken almost every single tennis record you can break; what else can anyone dream about?

I dont know about everyone else's dream, but the Indian Annual budget was announced and if you dream-ed that it would help in the infrastructure development of more schools, Or, aid in development of sports, other than Cricket, keep dreaming !

We are very happy just with one gold medal in shooting!!! Keep it up government! If all fails, people can atleast shoot themselves !

But, I am sure that Business folks and Gangst-as are very happy because tax relief has been announced if you make more than 10,00,000/yr INR. (I honestly do not know too many people that makes more than 10 lakh Rs/ yr. )

The pappu-pagers, and the sutta-suprari's must be having a blast buying the LCD's (yes the LCDs are now cheap in India) and forget buying Nano, go buy the expensive cars (Excise duty is reduced on big cars, but not on the small cars).

So, thanks for the Bud-get Mr. Singh Is King, the aam-aadmi can now go out and Buy-Jets (though they may not have money for the water-jets in the bathroom, uske liye dabba chalegaa :)

Talking about Singh is King, that reminds me that Kambhakht Ishq (the movie got released last week) had a phenomenal box-office opening.

Akshay Kumar displayed his "khatron-ke-khiladi" attitude in the spice-n-liven up press meet for the movie. Akshay jumped down from the 10th floor (60ft) billboard at the Skywalk Mall in Delhi. Now thats a real daredevil !!

But Kasam Bollywood Ke writers ki, the movie still entered the worst movie of the year contest along with Kal Kisne Dekha (that additionally is also in the worst debut actors of the year contest :) !

But keep it locked on the blog, I am sure some other movie SOON will break the record.

Talking about athletics and bollywood, there is another actor getting involved in some form of athletic activity. (Oho! not Salman - he is already an expert at BOX-ing others :)

Well, I am talking about the doubles badminton match between Deepika Padukone V/S Aamir Khan and it was a big shock for the badminton duo of Deepika and Dad Prakash Padukone, because Aamir's side defeated Deepika and her Dad! Great Play Aamir !

For some of you who want to know it all or the Khopdi-Ke-Khopche-Ki-Recipe types: Prakash Padukone was once a national badminton champion in India and Deepika Padukone is his daughter.

But - If you do not know that Aamir Khan is an actor in India Or, Deepika Padukone was the female lead with SRK in Om-Shanti-Om, I guess send an email to me in Private. [Ek Kaan Ke Neeche Bajaoonga :]

Well, whether you send me an email for that or not, do send me an email for your requests and dedications at pankajonebc@yahoo.com.

Some of the song's played in the show: :

1) Jaisa Des Vaisa Bhes - Des Pardes
2) Raunak Shaunak - Love Aaj Kal
3) Aaya Re - Jashn
4) Angrezi main kahte hain - Khuddar (Thanks for this req, long time)
5) Mere Sang Chal Zaraa - New York (Shameera, I'll walk with you any day :)
6) Tere Bina Zindagi Se - Aandhi (Geeta, hopefully this worked for you?)
7) Jaane Kyun - Dostana (Thanks Pari, thats your first on-air presentation)
8) Kal 9 bajey - ShorKut, The Con is On (Melodious slow number)

Meri Jaan, if you did not know it already, Shiney Ahuja's bail has been declined, and his last farewell statement to the court was "Good-Bai" ! :)

So, till next week, Adios, Good-bye, Stay safe and Stay in Loeve !!

- Pankaj

20 comments:

Shameera said...

Yeah. I am the first today. Brilliant show and selection of songs yesterday.

Shruti said...

What a great show yesterday Pankaj. My family just loves your show. I like the picture of Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi. Good blog.

Neeti said...

I happened to go in a meeting and you posted the blog. Unfair Pankaj. My daughter and I just love your show and your style of presenting the show is just bindaas. The 9 baje song is very nice. Reminds me of the old movie songs.

Jay said...

Your blog is my to check list on fridays. Nice one. Indian budget is not that bad, they are looking to do some uniq ID in India(similar like the SSN here). I am sure politicians and laminators will make lots of money there. Aandhi is my all time fav movie, I loved the 9 baje song too.

Meera said...

Can you play another song from Aandhi, tum aa gaye ho from Meera to Sanjeev?

R Shekhar said...

I just heard about the blog on your show yesterday. Excellent. I never listen to EBC but your voice and style is the best on EBC. Keep it up.

Sahana said...

I thought to respond the first. You posted it before lunch? Great show and I love the blog. Do you have twitter Id?

Vikram said...

RFed is a great player. I am not surprised Bjorg has praised him so much. Your blog gives us more news then other sites. On RSS feed from now. Thank you.

Sangeeta said...

I did not know that Aamir is into badminton? I am sure Deepika let him win, she is a national champion. Next week can you play Dooriyan from Love-Aaj-Kal?

Priya said...

Good program yesterday. I just cannot point it but your voice resemebles someone I know. Are you from Mumbai?

Tarun said...

did you hear the songs from Kaminey? Can you please play some next time? Great show as usual.

Marisa said...

I missed your show, but my friend said that you were really very funny. Aamir is so cuuute. Can you please-please play songs from QSQT?

Piyush Shah said...

Nice modification to the Singh Is King pic. For a sec I could not identify Sonia Gandhi. Great show and blog.

Aunty said...

Jinde re. You made me cry with the Aandhi song.

Kiran said...

Thanks for playing the request. Next one is the Amitabh song jhoota kaho accha kaho I dont know the movie. It has Rekha in the song. Can you dedicate that to Sumedha?

Anonymous said...

My Chai time pal. I am hurt and upset. You never reply.

Anu said...

We listen to your station from Connecticut. Your show is fabulous. I love the style in which you speak and your style of saying meri jaan is very popular in our house now. Can you play ajeeb dastan hain yeh old Lata song from Anu to my mom Vidya.

VenuSuba said...

Brilliant program humdum dost. I and my wife were driving from Neshaminy (PA) to NY and heard you all the way. The best thing that my wife said is that you did not interrupt the flow of the show, kept us entertained, played songs and also took our calls. Jai ho. I really like your blog too.

Rohan said...

Good blog. I saw KI over the weekend. It was a waste.

Vineeta said...

Pankaj are you the same guy who did the Vegas show few years back? I still remember that one. Can you play that song from the old Dostana with Zeenat Aman and Paintal goofing around.