Friday, June 12, 2009

Say Whag?

Friday, June 12.

Meri jaan, let me first THANK ALL OF YOU

[BTW: That is not me, that is Al-Gore doing Namaste]

The BIG THANKS is for all the wonderful people who read this blog and respond on a weekly basis. I will try and keep up your expectations and hopes !! KOSHISH - As always !!!

Tou, once again - SHUKRIYA (thanks in Hindi - the desi dilect)

Coming to this weeks blog, Meri jaan, in the Cricketing World of India, this Sehwag episode has been stretched too far. Does it really matter if he is fit or not, or whether there is rift in the Indian cricket team?

As long as the players can perform on the field and Win the match - hey who is included or not, should really not matter ! Chak De India or Jai Ho should not be based on the calibre of a few players, it is a team effort public. Tou agar Tendulkar is out, or Ganguly is not in, or Dhoni is kept out, do we really care? (As long as it does not affect the overall team morale, and they continue to keep doing their best and hopefully win?)

PHEW - I am glad that is finally out of my system!!!

Now that is out of the system, coming to Dho-Dho-ni, do you know that he has fetched USD1.5ML/season for a 3 yr contract in the recent IPL bidding for the next season, foll0wed by players like Jayasurya, Adam Gilchrist, Muralitharan and likes. Whoa !!

Well, that is not too much in line with what the athletes get down here, but for Desi standards that is A LOT !!!

Go play cricket kids - forget those studies to get into -engineering-medicine-technology.

This is THE TIME to make money in Desi Cricket. Do like 2-3 IPL, T20, and World Cup series and you are set financially for atleast 20 years :)

For all the dimag-ka-bheja-fry-types who have been wondering about how this bidding for the IPL is done, All bidding is being done electronically in a sealed room, where eight teams owned by a variety of Indian companies in the petrochemical, cement and infrastructure businesses bid for 78 of the world's finest cricketers.

The IPL reserves four "ICON'' players from the auction. These players are the team captains Ganguly (Calcutta), Yuvraj Singh (Mohali), Sachin Tendulkar (Mumbai) and Dravid (Bangalore) are guaranteed 15 percent more than the highest-paid player at their franchise. Each of the franchises repeatedly checks details on a computer that elaborates the list of players on auction, the number of players already won by the team, available balance and the number of foreign players bought.

Tendulkar stands to earn US$1.15 million from Mumbai after the second round of bidding, earning 15 percent more than the amount paid for Jayasuriya.

I know-I know! Enough about cricket..lets move on.

Well, moving on to the bollywood ki filmy duniya, it seems Shahrukh is really hush hush on his recent venture My Name Is Khan. Is this is family film? Terrorist background? Or a combination of both is still under covers. Whatever you do, we know Shahrukh, you will do a fantastic job alongwith your screen-soulmates: K-johar and K-jol.

All this K is bringing another K in the industry - not Kambhakht Ishq, Meri jaan, this one is Vashu Bhagnani's son - Jacky Bhagnani's movie called Kal Kisne Dekha. The movie is the first one out after the strike, so far the reviews dont seem too dekhne-laayak, but we wont know the fate till monday, coz, kal kisne dekha hain public?

Vashu has another nice one lined up called Do Knot Disturb - another one with a K in the middle, but I am sure that should be a funny one coz it has Govinda, Riteish, Sohail and Sush ! It has also been a long time since the trio of Govinda-David Dhawan-Vashu Bhagnani's came together, beyond all those No.1 series with Govinda.

Well, we will have lots of times to talk about all these upcoming hurricane of movies, tou that we will keep for the next few week's and months ...!

For those who missed out on the songs and the conversation yesterday,

Songlist played:
1) Haaaye pappi - Movie: Kismet Konnection (This one has 2 K's :)
2) Teri Meri Gal Bangayee - Movie: Kal Kisne Dekha
3) Sun Rubiya - Movie: Mard (Gosh!! this is just so stupid)
4) Pappu Cant dance - Movie: Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (All thanks to Rohit - the sport)
5) Main hoon don - Movie: Don (Starring Big B - Kishore Kumar song)
6) Ba Khuda tumhi Ho - Movie: Kismet Konnection (Thanks Sirish, I love this one)
7) Lets rock the party - Movie: Aa Dekhein Zaraa
8) Aisi chale jab hawaa - Movie: Aaja Nachle (Mads unbelievable as always)

Tou Meri Jaan, we catch up on more next week, till then Stay Safe and Stay in Loeve,

- Pankaj


16 comments:

Reena said...

I made it as the first one to respond. Nice one. I was refreshing my browser once I came from lunch because you said you are going to post on friday. I love your show Pankaj and wait for the blog.

Priya said...

Brilliant show yesterday. Quick request: Please play one funny song from Phir Hera pheri, this is the song where Paresh Rawal is on mic alongwith Akshay and Sunil Shetty.

Samir said...

I have not seen IPL but seems Indian cricket players are making a lot of money nowadays. I dont even know their faces anymore. Nice blog. I tuned to your show little late yesterday but it was awesome as usual. Keep koshis-ing.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero Pankaj. I am your fan since the time you did the Vegas show 4-5 years back. I just love your voice and the flow of your program. I am going to troubley you a lot. I just love your show and now you :blush)

Manish said...

OMG these people make so much money nowadays. I am sure Sunil Gavasar and Kapil Dev must be kicking themselves. The face of desi cricket has changed so much it is not even funny. Those days of gavaskar batting for 5 days and making 10 runs are gone. Thanks for the update on IPL. Are you watching the T20? Please play a song from that Aamir Khan's movie with Cricket and Dev Anand, I dont know the name.

Marisa said...

Great energy and music. Now thats a show. I hate the station but love your show. I was humming the last song for the whole evening. mads should really come back into movies. Can you play some of her songs next?

Shruti & Jay said...

We tune in from Connecticut to your show. Brilliant songs. My daughter loves the music you play. Last week was my turn with those Kishore Kumar songs - each a classic. I am so happy to have found your station and I love your show.

Anonymous said...

24 F/Upenn - u single? Desi, fun loving gal. email me. check your email. luv-luv-luv your show.

Razia said...

I was just checking if you had posted the blog. Wow! Me late. You are our chaitime pal. We drink tea while listening to your show. My mom used to call us jaan meri and now calls us meri jaan. Sorry for the no-pakoda's yesterday, we had some though (TEASE ;) Play SRK's Suraj hua madham Please Please.

Reena said...

Another request from my co-worker Shamima who has not heard your show. Please play "Chaiya Chaiya" from Dil Se. I have asked her to tune to your show next time.

Surjit Singh said...

Your show was very nice. You sound so nice when you speak the dialogue in Hindi and I and my family love the voice specially when you say humdum and dost. We all listen to EBC and your show after Mamta's show eveyr thursday. Good luck.

Cami said...

Dost, u r the man! Sun Rubiya took me back to the Video days of Mard and Giraftaar. You Rock on EBC. I just subscribed to your blog.

Anonymous said...

GOOD BLOG. India lost today. No one is good. They just need money.

Dev said...

I like your blog. Please play request from new movie Tasveer 8X10, Love, Aaj Kal and Kal Kisne Dekha.

S said...

Plz Plz eml me. check yahoo eml. I am oyur #1 Fan. S

Nandita from ASF Productions said...

I stumbled upon your blog while looking for info on Rajesh Khanna. Good one. I added you to my RSS feed. U look cute. Do you do Ads? Modelling? Movies? Shows? I will send you an email.