Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Are these Signs for 2012!


June 25, 2009

Meri Jaan, He's Bad ! Yes, He's bad, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson finally takes the moonwalk to the unevitable!

Call him Whacko-Jacko or Mai-Ka-Lal-Jaikishan, there never-ever will be an artist that can touch the entertainment industry's height of popularity as did this Dirty-Diana Mickey.

I am not going to psycho analyze his childhood, or all those lurid accusations, but as an musician, entertainer and perfomer he was an ACE. (though in real life he was an ass).

This Thriller-Beat It-Billy Jean-Bad-Black or White-Smooth Criminal really needed to look at the Man in the mirror (not only the planet of the apes face).

Michael, I am sure many of us will miss you, not for the creepy and freaky pedophile that you were, but definitely as a performer and yes that incredible Moonwalk.

Now lets move on the next sad news ! Lets wish congratulations to Pakistan's Cricket team for winning the recent Twenty20 series !

Think about it:
The Pakistani cricket is still reeling under the most harrowing incident of the game (death of the coach in SA). Add the Taliban infiltration, the Mumbai attacks, the attack on the Sri Lankan players, the constant bombings and the Swat valley events !

Whatever said and done, I am pretty sure the disintegrating political arena in the country does have a mental impact on the team's morale.

But, I think some of the above pieces worked in their advantage, like the team players were completely fresh (not having played in the IPL and other recent matches). So, I think there was some sort of non-fatigue advantage in playing against the other burn-ed out players, and thus finally making through the championship game of the 20-20 series.

Either which way, Congrats to the Pakistani Cricket team!

I was speaking with a friend (who is hugely into Cricket , Cosmology, Culture and Couture and not to mention was seriously disappointed on Pakistan winning the tournament) mentioned this is a sign that we are slowly and steadily moving towards 2012 - The Doomsday!

Oho! Do not be too excited, you still need to wait 3 years to see the Dooms-Day!
Meri Jaan, 2012 is almost here (Just 3 more years to go) and as I look at the news events that have been unfolding over the past year, it does make me think

Is there really a big event waiting to happen in 2012?

Look at the recent news of the missing airplane that was flying over the Amazon (can you believe this happened in today's times of satellite monitoring and all?)

They are still fishing for the tail end of the plane, and oh yes-yes the passengers.

If we look at some stats, last year, there were about 5-6 horrible incidents, Itek Air 737-219(Adv) EX-009 accident in Iran, then you had the Continental 737-524 N18611 accident in Colrado.

Then
, there was a Fedex plane crash in Tokyo, and yes the Turkish airline that went down in Istanbul and the last I heard, there was a recent news about the Quantas jet that plunged 800ft around Hong Kong.

Talking about these unfortunate airline events, lets not forget the miraculous near miss of the US Airways plane that landed in Hudson?

Not to forget the so many others, like the Continental plane crash in Buffalo, another one in Russia.

So I am hoping that if you are still reading this blog, you are never-ever going to fly by airplane, but in case you are still considering travelling by trains, keep reading...

Something has been happening on that front too, did you see the pics of the recent subway train knife-jacking on top of the other train in DC?

Or, the other one about the train crash in Poland?

Ok-OK, I will not give out the list of all the train crashes in the last year, but the train crashes have been so bad that even Chiranjeevi (actor-n-trying to be a politican in India) has removed the symbol of the Train Engine as his campaign symbol for the next assembly elections.

Chiru bhaiya, damn these trains !! Look for a symbol that is safe Meri Jaan. These trains and airplanes have no certainty in today's words !

So, should we move on the Buses? :)

Well, I really dont want you to just sit in the house and avoid all modes of transportation for the next 3 years, because did you hear about these people who were sitting in their house when the plane landed on their house in Buffalo?

Are you thinking what I am thinking?
Arre, tou kya karein Pankaj Meri Jaan? Should we just dig a tunnel and live like nomads for the rest of our lives?
Dont dig the tunnel now, but you have to dig soon. Don't you see the changes?

Obama becoming the first African American US Prez, Iranian women on streets as protestors, the weather changes (we were wearing jackets till end of June) and the ongoing natural disasters (Austria and Chez is under flood waters) all around the world.

To add to the confusion Korea is threatening to wipe out USA and US shifting its terrorism focus from Taliban to Lashkar, something is bound to happen?

So, something is definitely moving people. Some cosmic change is happening !! Its upto you, take it or not.

2012, The Doomsday is coming soon [definitely to a theatre near you] !!!

I tell you what, whether doomsday is coming or not, I may not know, but it is definitely coming in Hollywood, when you see Mallika having a date with Yanni and Usher!!

Well, it appears that apni Maal-ikka has been making the rounds of LA a little too much and hanging out around the Hollywood entertainment circles with people like Yanni and Usher.

Meri Jaan, thats a DOOOMSDAY right there !!!

So, while you all cry over spilled mallika, here were some of the songs played in the show:

Songs Played:

1) Aaya Re - Jashn
2) Jumme Raat - Phir Hera Pheri
3) Dil Vich Lagya Ve - Chup Chup Ke
4) Tere Bina - Kal Kisne Dekha (sung wonderfully by Wajid, the composer)
5) Rock the party - Aa Dekhein Zaraa
6) Lamha Lamha - Gangster
7) Jaane kahaan woh duniya - Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na

Meri Jaan, keep those emails with dedications-n requests coming at pankajonebc@yahoo.com

Till we meet next time, stay safe and stay in Loeve,

- Pankaj

24 comments:

Razia said...

I am the First one Pankaj. I am glad MJ is dead. He was a creep. What is Mallika upto now?

Reena said...

you posted it before noon. let me post asthe first. Bad about Michael Jackson. I really liked his concerts. Doomsday is a long way, I can do so many things in 3 years. Mallika is horrible.

Jay said...

Nice show again. We were swithcing back and forth between the Michael Jackson news and your show. I love the song from Jaane tu ya Jaane na, do you know the singer? Is it Shaan?

Shruti said...

Great blog. Could not listen to the show yesterday. I dont know if I will miss Michael Jackson. Wow - Mallika and Yanni, the girl is going places. Doomsday is coming, my daughter turns 15 in 3 years. Keep it up Pankaj.

Faiz said...

I thought would be the first to respond. Nice blog again. It is interesting about the airline reports. ITs really dangerous nowadays. We rely to much on computers. The DC train accident was horrible, I take the subway daily and it is scary. Hey, can you dedicate jeene ke hain chaar din from faiz to nihar?

Pooja said...

Good going and great show again. I love Abhijeet's voice in Lamha Lamha from Gangster, thanks for playing my request. Can you please dedicate the new song Kyun (from K Ishq) going from Pooja to Sridhar.

your fan said...

I just love your show Pankaj. Your voice and style of speech just makes my evening. I tried calling you but could not get through. Thanks for playing Aaya Re. Good song. Is doomsday coming?

Razia said...

U never shared your facebook profile?

Roshan Srivastava said...

Really nice blog Pankaj. I heard about it yesterday on your show. I love your flair and expression in the program. I have been in the media for more than 30 yrs now. You have the niche. We will meet up one of these days. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

You know who I am Marjaani. Plz dedicate aur kya to you from me.

Sumedha said...

Can you play songs from ali Haider's album? What is your sunsign? (Its not in your profile)

Sen said...

I really liked Michael Jackson's albums like Thriller and Bad. Yes he was a psycho but I think with the level of success that he had anyone who could extort money wanted to do so. Thank god for Michael. He missed out on Mallika.

marisa said...

Sad to hear about Michael Jackson. He was a good artist. They said same about Y2K but it never came so I am sure doomsday will also not come. Is that really Yanni with Mallika or a lookalike?

Anonymous said...

Whatz with the doomsday obsession? I guess I should ask my priest if we should even travel or not? Are you a leo?

Tarun said...

Nice post. Honestly you do not know what is coming next. did you see New York? I saw it yeaterday in Regal nice movie.

Anonymous said...

Dont scare us Pankaj! You know I am flying to India next week. If no air, bus and train, I cannot walk, so maybe I should put myself in a container and get shipped?

Harry said...

I am listening to Hain apna dil tou awara what a great song. Can you please play that for sheetu from Harry?

Sonia said...

Thanks for pointing to 2012, I did not know this one is so big. Mallika really wants to move UP the ladder. Do you have audio links for these songs? Nice blog.

Viju said...

It is a nightmare to travel these days. You are right that in today's times the Air France plane went missing. Scary indeed Can you add more info about the other incidents pointing to 2012? How do I download these songs in audio format?

Razia said...

You have still not answered?

Samaya said...

One more plane crashed in Indian Ocean 153 dead. You may just be right, something is defnitely not right.

Reena said...

Did you see the news about the Yemenian plane? Do you have that premonition or what? I am flying next week to Muai and I am really really scared now.

Shruti said...

We are travelling out of town this long weekend. Can you please recommend some new songs? Looking forward to your show tom.

Pankaj said...

Razia: I am happily married and I have a lovely 3 yr old kid called Prisha. Dont quit listening to the show now. :)

Reena: Enjoy your trip to Maui. Its a great place.

Harry, Viju and Sonia:
I do not have audio links for the songs. I am sure you can search for songs on the net.

Shruti:
I will try and preview some of the songs

Jay: The singer is Rashid Ali and Vasundhra Das.
Some cool lyrics: hogi jahaan subah teri
palkon ki kirnon mein, lori jahaan chaand ki,
sune teri baahon mein, jaane kahaan woh duniya hain.

Faiz, Sen, Sumedha, Pooja, roshan, Marisa, Samaya: Michael Jackson was a fantastic dancing-entertainer. I cant say the same about his personal life.

Tarun:
I saw New York. Not a bad movie. I felt the actors really need to work up the acting skills.
They have a great package, they need to perform better.