Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Diamond Ring !

July 23, 2009

Meri Jaan, by now all of you must have heard about and seen the once in a life time Eclipse pictures.

It was absolutely fascinating seeing the diamond ring that emerged during all this sun-moon-submerge.

I heard that in Varanasi, India, it became pitch dark at 6:45am in the morning.

Oh well ! It became dark right around that time for me too.

The Eclipse really was not that great for me, because 2 days back, Ms. D was very upset and asked me to show her one diamond ring in the house, and all I did was turn her face towards this Ring.

But, so much for the diamond ring that I showed Ms D, she immediately punched me in the eye and it was a permanent e(ye)-clips-e for me :) .

But the eclipse was great for the Pundits in India.

During the time the sky went dark, these so called pundits in Varanasi decided to DRrrrrink (not water ofcourse) because the pundits thought it was night time ;)

Woh kahte hain na, Peene waalon ko peene ka bahaana chahiye ! Phir chaahe Mandir ho, Madira ho, ya ho Mandira ka saath.

That reminds me what's been happening to Mandira Bedi?

After the Wierd hairdo in the IPL 2009, Rumor-Report is abuzz with information that lately she has been seen a lot in the company of apna Yuvraj Singh.

Looks like after Kim sharma and Laxmi Rai, now Yuvi baby is shaking his leg with Mandira.

Lately, the duo has been seeing going out dining to clubbing and even dancing in the hotel lobbies?

Meri Jaan Yuvi, Mandira Bedi ne yeh kaunsi Madira Dedi?

Vaise, if you are in NJ, Mandira is coming in the India Day Parade at Oak Tree! You gotta go, not just for the good food and the overall feel, but its absolutely funny to see all those oldies trying to be as close to these female artists as possible. Its freakin hilarious!

Hopefully, no one will give their man-ka-diya to her (remember the Bipasha incident :)

Madira and drinking se yaad aaya that Salman Khan, mera bachcha has decided to not drink till he gets married or Veer gets released.

Salman, tu tou peena chod hi de, because none of those 2 things seem to fall in place for you !

It appears that Amir Khan was instrumental in making Sallu bhaiya take this decision. Aamir, Peena tou chudwaa diya, par peetna kaise band hogaa?

But, it does not hurt to be hopeful, so let us see how much Rum-less is Salman Ka Yeh Dum !

Talking about all the Diamond Ring and non-drinking, reminds me of one gem of a person in Bollywood who never drank alcohol and was THE DIAMOND RING for Indian Music and that is none other than Mohammad Rafi.

He was the greatest singer in Bollywood and the noblest person in the fraternity.

In his circles, he was known as "The Voice" or "The Aawaz", and truly, Rafi Saab's voice was the softest, most versatile, and could go from the lowest notes to the highest range with the smoothest transition and that too absolute effortless.

We miss you Mohammad Rafi !

Rafi Saab's death anniversary comes up on July 31st. We will have a detailed blog next week, but till then these were some of the songs played in our show.

Song List:
1) Parda Hai Parda - Amar Akbar Anthony
2) Tere Mere Sapne - Guide
3) Kya Se Kya Ho Gaya - Guide
4) Choo Lene Do Nazuk - Kajal
5) Koi Sagar Dil Ko - Dil Diya Dard Liya
6) Voh Jab Yaad Aaye - Parasmani
7) Tareef Karoon Kya - Kashmir Ki Kali
8) Ehsaan Tere Hogaa - Guide
9) Hum Bekhudi Main - Teen Deviyan
10) Poocho na Yaar Kya hua - Zamane Ko Dikhana Hain

Meri Jaan, we will be playing Rafi Saab's songs next week too, so keep your requests and dedications flowing at pankajonebc@yahoo.com.

Na Fankar Tujhsa Tere Baad aaya...
Mohammad Rafi tu bahut yaad aaya !


Till we meet next week, stay safe and stay in Loeve !

- Pankaj

23 comments:

Reena said...

I was refreshing every minute. I am the first to respond today.

Pooja said...

Great show yesterday. I luv you and thank you Pankaj for the classic numbers.

Simmi said...

Missed it. Fantastic show. You are the best one on EBC. I have been listening to EBC for the last 6 years and I have never heard a show like yours.

Shazia said...

Good songs and nice blog. I missed your show but I remember the Bipasha incident. Terrible. Can you play Mam re tu kaahe na song?

Vivek said...

Ghajab dha diya tuney, chalaake Mohammad Rafi ki TUNE-y. I was driving back from 287 and literally crying. Very nice show and songs.

Ahmad said...

Great show. I missed madhuban main radhika and oh duniya ke rakhwaale.

Anonymous said...

good blog.

Reena said...

My mom and dad were enjoying your show tremendously. We always listen and wait for the program. Can you play suhani raat dhal chuki for my dad?

Shruti said...

The Eclipse ring is really nice. I tuned in late but enjoyed your selection of songs yesterday. What happened with Bipasha? Thank you for dedicating a show on Mohammad Rafi.

Neerja said...

I thought you would post it tonight? No response on Facebook?

Anonymous said...

good

Anonymous said...

Very nice songs. I just want to say that Mohammad Rafi became popular with songs from Mela,Amar, Andaz and Dulari, and not with songs of Guide and Amar akbar Anthony. If you want to go deep into his career you have to play those songs like dharti ko akash pukare, yeh zindagi ke mele, suhani raat dhal chuki and likes.

Virat said...

Jaane bahaar husn tera beshumar hain, hum bekhudi main tumo, tumne pukara aur hum chale, akayle hain chale aao, deewane ka naam tou poocho, chaahe koi junglee kahe, baharon phul barsao, chalkaye jaam, mohabbat zindabad, nain lad jaiye, aana hain tou aa raah main. Dhanyawaad dost tum jiyo hazaar saal.

Sahana said...

I do want to comment on your previous poster. Those songs are great but not the publicly popular list. I dont want to listen to dharti ko akash pukare, I have not even ever heard that song. But I know dil dhal jaaye. Someone wil lsay play dil jalta hain, but it is not the most popular song that I want to listen. My 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

TY

Jay said...

I dont know if you noticed but like you said that when you come on air something happens. Another Iranian plane crashed today. here is the link http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090724/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_plane

Anonymous said...

dil jalta hain is sung my mukesh and not mohd rafi

Vibha said...

I really enjoyed your show. Long time listener first time responder. I wanted to call but could not get through. My 6 yr old loves these songs and it says a lot about this music, songs and the singer.

Meera said...

Loved the program. I thought of writing to you earlier but could not. Now hubby and kids are sleeping and I have some time to respond to your program. First, hats off to you for such a brilliant show. I have been listening to Mohd. Rafi, Lata and Asha's songs since the last 30 yrs, and there is no voice that compares to them. You show took me back to those study nights when AIR would play those oldies. Thank you Pankaj. I am waiting for the next week program.

B said...

Request from Bharati to Ramesh - Baharon phool barsao, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Good blog. We heard you from Connecticut and it was great listening to hindi songs like back home. Can you please play sukh ke sab saathi from Gopi next week?

Reena said...

Where are you? Missed you on the show yesterday.

Reena said...

Forgot to ask when are you uploading the new blog?