Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Monsooning !

Aug 2010.

Meri Jaan, I did not forget this month's edition. I have just been really rekindling my romance by visiting the wonderful nature in tis monsoon season !

My part of the world is called Pune. It is a relatively decent size city in a state called Maharashtra. To complete your geographical positioning, all these names are in a country called India.

Monsoon is really big around tis part of India; you can have rains for days and days. I literally mean days-n-days of non-stop rain. This keeps the city water reservoir's filled with water and it is also a great time to visit neighboring areas like Lonavla and Khandala !

The best thing about visiting anywhere in India is food ! Cutting chai, pakodas, paav, idili's or samosa's can be found anywhere around those wonderful vista points! Jai Ho !

Well, thats India Meri Jaan, always awake and eat-xciting !

But, if you are still in a state of slumber denial because Chelsea got married , Waka-Waka season has ended, Big B has been signed to endorse ESPN for the Airtel Champions League Cricket T20 tournament or Wiki-leaks are all over the place, let me WAKE YOU UP, before you say lady Gaga !!


Next month, I will be completing A FULL YEAR in India, and so all those well wishers that made those bets of non-survival with me, I have survived a full year in India, so please make sure my cheqs are ready with the amounts ! YEAH BABY !!! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!


So, while you still look at the US economy and the ever increasing unemployment figures, let me tell you something to upswing you - Ms Mallika Sherawat has signed her 3rd Hollywood film, she has also made a house in Hollywood and yes, Julia Roberts has now accepted Hinduism ! Jai Ho.

Tou, Meri Jaan, till we meet next month, stay wet, stay safe and stay in Loeve !!!

- Pankaj

26 comments:

Vi said...

Oh I miss the rains. Me Envy you

Neeti said...

Long time humdum dost kahaan ho Meri Jaan? Now e know eating the pakoras in Lonavla, bahut khoob

Anu said...

Yes I read about JR, it seems she is eating sleeping and praying Hinduism. If you are enjoying the rains, this side we are also enjoying the summer. It has been really hot this time

Shireen said...

What? Are you in India now? That is why we are missing you on EBC. I am from Pune and I still remember those lonavla and national chikki days. I have promised my hubby that we will be retuning back soon. I really want to move back. I will PM you my information.

Anonymous said...

Good one

Vicki said...

OMG Lonavla days were great. Woh jab yaad aaye bahut yaad aaye. You are rekindling our romantic mood here. India is on the path of progress and I tell you mate it is time we all accept it. Thank you for your lovely posts

Shazia said...

Wow! It is good to see you back in action. I did not know Julia Roberts has taken to Hinduism. Sure Mallika is to blame hehe. Good one

Priya said...

Cutting Chai and those college days. Purani jeans yaad aa gayaa. BTW Happy Independence day. Tum tou azaad ho ab.

Minal said...

You've been in India for a year?? WTF?? That explains why you are not on EBC. Enjoy dost, Pune is a great place I've been der multiple times. Have fun with those dabelis and chikkis while we deal with this severe weather this side. Its been really hot this summer. Bore hota hain this side now. I think we should also think about moving back. Email me at ashu_minal@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Ramadan and Indian Independence day

Sim said...

How did you make the decision to move back to India and survived one year in there? We think about it every day but cant get ourselves to do it. congrats and good luck

Kirti said...

Did you hear recently about the flash floods in LEH? Sad part of nature is it never lasts. enjoy Independence and India

Rahul said...

Happy Independence day and month of Ramadan.

Su Aunt said...

WOW a year in India. Great and good luck beta. Enjoy Independence day and your independence from the bondings of the US state. Hain preet jahaan ki reet sadaa tum usi desh main rahte ho, hain geet jahaan ke meet sadaa, tum usi desh main rahte ho, khush raho

M said...

Njoy Independence day in India and the monsooning with garam vadas

Anonymous said...

Ramzan mubarak rahmat kareem ahemadullah mubarak

Bhanu said...

Reading your note about enjoying monsoon and nature, I will say enjoy it till you can. Like you mentioned about earthquakes and nature's fury earlier, in the last 2 months have you seen the damage by the rains and flooding in Pakistan? They latest on BBC said about 13.5 million people have ben affected by the catastrophy. Recently you must have heard the damages in Leh. Earlier the smoke catastrophy due to the fire in Russia, Portugal, Spain? Iceberg breaking in Greenland. Mudslides in China. Nature is getting back at us, os enjoy till you can. Nice blog

69 said...

Pune is a great city - heart of Maharashtra and the city of art and culture. Lonavla in the rains is like vermont in the snow. Stay happy and Independent

Anonymous said...

Jo boley sou nihal sasriakal Paaji !

Sanjay said...

I am coming in October, it will be good meet ing you dost. BigB and Cricket together? That is real nice. I think they should let him go now and work with younger stars like Ranbeer or Imraan. What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Waldorf Astoria?

Jain said...

Cutting chai and vadas, very nice friend. I really love lonavla in this season. We used to go to bushy dam every year with my maushi's and kaka's. I really miss that part of life. Someday maybe perhaps

Sim said...

I and Ranu were listening to Asha's program last week and she pointed us to your blog. We were asking all about your wherabouts. Miss you on EBC and in NJ. TC

Anu said...

After reading about the Pakistan bookies and match fixing in more than 80 matches I have lost all interest in Cricket. Waiting for the next one

MM said...

Ganpati Bappa Moriya

MJ said...

How is Pune and were is the new post humdum dost?