Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bugle Salute Boss !

12 Nov, 2009.

Meri Jaan, give me a BUGLE salute people!
I have completed 2 months of my re-journey in Apna-Des.

What a fundu dimaag ka bheja fry these 2 months have been! It seems like a lifetime.

In this lifetime, I have dealt with the local electrician, plumber, mail-man, watch-man, and the highly reputed, respected and dignified kaamwaali-bai. (Beezlee bai maantyaa-e malaaa :)

I have dealt with the local sabzi mandi vedors, the local small store grocery sellers (aate daal ka ab bhaav maaalum pad gayaa :).

I have also dealt with sales people in the Shop Rite, Baja Fresh & Wegmans wannabe stores like Reliance Fresh, Food Bazaar, More, Spencers and likes.

On the “Go verna- u-will-be-tor mented” office side (Oho- the government office Meri Jaan), I have dealt with the Puneri RTO (local DMV), and BSNL (telephone exchange).

I will tell you more about my RTO experience in the next posts, but on the other hand I also have dealt with people that ring the house bell at 5:30 in the morning, sales people calling on your cell at 10:30 in the night, and numerous sales and marketing people that come by/call up to sell their product at any hour of the day.

The funny thing is that in these 2 months, I have met so many people who have come back from the US, and not a single person dying to go abroad.

For folks who do come to me for advise about US, I tell most people that:
It is REALLY EASY to go to the US,
but it NOT EASY to come to India

You will not even blink once to pack-n-go to the US,
but you will think a lifetime to come back to India
.

Just keep in mind that Videshi Money, Comfort and Success has no end, but people do !

Tou jo bhi ho, this is apna swades, apne log, apni khushiyan, and apne bhog (food options :)

Meri Jaan, till we meet next, stay safe, and stay in Des-loeve !

- Pankaj

8 comments:

Reena said...

Nice to read your post. I thought you had forgotten us in the us. India is a great place and I think you have the right attitude. Stay happy Pankaj.

Sujata said...

Those paani poori's and roadside bhel is lahjawab. Have fun in THE PLACE TO B.

Rashmi said...

Aate daal ka bhav:) Funny. Keep up the blog and njoy the stay in India. When are you visiting NJ?

Monil said...

Here is a BIG SALUTE to you bud. I tell you Pankaj I tell all my friends that you did what all of us just keep thinking. You really did it. Remember I told you that keep in mind the milestones, 2 months, 4months, 8 months and a year. IF you make it past one year, you will never come back to this lonely planet. I hope you stay (not only the song)

Shireen said...

What is the RTO experience? Waiting for the next post? Was it as cruciating as the previous DMV style & methods?

Varun said...

Good one. India is a great place. It is good to see you are enjoying the stay. Hum to atak gaye hain bhai. Galey ki haddi ho gayee hain US.

Shruti said...

What do you think has been your biggest shock in India? Driving, Crowd, People, Relatives, the growth, the changed trendz? I have a friend who went back after 15 years and he was shocked with how expensive India has become?

Anonymous said...

Did not know about Paa. Looks like The Curious Case of Benjamin Brat.